Holy Crap Batman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wake up and smell the "Bleep-Blip"

4 posters

Go down

Wake up and smell the "Bleep-Blip" Empty Wake up and smell the "Bleep-Blip"

Post  NixonTech2071 Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Who here ACTUALLY pays respect to LCD games? Not the wasted ones, the ones that helped bring console games to the portable consoles an inspiration. Like the Game & Watch Mini classics (probably the ONLY classic quality LCD games.) Who remembers the Simple but fun Tiger gadgets? They are the example of coffee break fun games. The R-Zone was made because it was to pay respects to the Pong-Esque Chipboard games that were around since the Microvision, which was the first Interchangable cartridge based handheld at the time. (1979) but Tiger was the true best since they took SEGA games really seriously, and designed they're handhelds appropriately, Take the "Pocket arcade" series for example. If anybody knows what Im talking about, these are STILL the most important pieces of gaming history. I would not mind seeing a Halo LCD game some time... Smile

BTW, these crappy new LCD's are around because the Tech is so cheap that manufacturers dont care.
NixonTech2071
NixonTech2071

Back to top Go down

Wake up and smell the "Bleep-Blip" Empty Re: Wake up and smell the "Bleep-Blip"

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:42 am

yeah, lcd games are awesome in fact if we didn't have donkey kong for the game & watch we would have no DS
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:07 am

tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:yeah, lcd games are awesome in fact if we didn't have donkey kong for the game & watch we would have no DS
OH COME ON LCD GAMES SUCK. They always have. The Game N Watch was way ahead of it's time. It was "NEW" technology. But every single LCD game that has came out past 1990 is a piece of crap. Tiger has been releasing crap for years. They're game were NEVER fun. They were playable.... infact... The only Tiger "Console" I liked was the Game.com, just cause you could play Doom... If I remember right.

Point is. The Gameboy, DS, PSP, ext. Would have came out any ways. The Game N watch was the FIRST attempt by Nintendo to re-lease their Handheld console, but It was advanced for that time.

And Please if you just hit puberty or you're still in your early teens, Don't argue with me. I was about 10 to 12 range. When they started re-leasing this crap. What a Face
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

http://holycrapbatman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:12 am

TheHandofOdd wrote:
tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:yeah, lcd games are awesome in fact if we didn't have donkey kong for the game & watch we would have no DS
OH COME ON LCD GAMES SUCK. They always have. The Game N Watch was way ahead of it's time. It was "NEW" technology. But every single LCD game that has came out past 1990 is a piece of crap. Tiger has been releasing crap for years. They're game were NEVER fun. They were playable.... infact... The only Tiger "Console" I liked was the Game.com, just cause you could play Doom... If I remember right.

Point is. The Gameboy, DS, PSP, ext. Would have came out any ways. The Game N watch was the FIRST attempt by Nintendo to re-lease their Handheld console, but It was advanced for that time.

And Please if you just hit puberty or you're still in your early teens, Don't argue with me. I was about 10 to 12 range. When they started re-leasing this crap. What a Face
yeah, a lot of them suck but you have to admit if they were not here videogames would not be the same (mostly the same but not All the same
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:19 am

tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:
TheHandofOdd wrote:

yeah, a lot of them suck but you have to admit if they were not here videogames would not be the same (mostly the same but not All the same
Video games would be, hell dude. Portable games are not that great. Most of them are ports or remakes. But still Portable games were going to happen eventually, with or without the Game N watch.
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

http://holycrapbatman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:26 am

dude if it wasn't for lcd games a lot of people that live in the projects would not be able to play games at all as they do not have money for expensive systems
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  NixonTech2071 Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:52 am

Ok listen, I mentioned that the Microvision started the cartridge handheld technology.
NixonTech2071
NixonTech2071

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmackg Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:48 pm

yeah i think they are cool.
jackmackg
jackmackg

https://www.youtube.com/user/artfungames

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content