Holy Crap Batman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP KEEP TKE ON YOUTUBE!

4 posters

Go down

HELP KEEP TKE ON YOUTUBE! Empty HELP KEEP TKE ON YOUTUBE!

Post  shaggyusm26 Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:44 pm

Let's help TKE find a way that works for him to stay on YouTube!
shaggyusm26
shaggyusm26

http://www.myspace.com/shaggyusm

Back to top Go down

HELP KEEP TKE ON YOUTUBE! Empty Re: HELP KEEP TKE ON YOUTUBE!

Post  shaggyusm26 Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:50 pm

We need to help TKE find a way that works for him to stay on YouTube! I think he should either just not worry about music, or find someone that has that Garage Band software to create unique music. Another option is to find a musician on YouTube and maybe he/she and TKE can work something out for TKE to use his clips in return for TKE promoting his music channel. Let's help TKE with suggestions or solutions! This is a response to TKE's video "To all the Tolstoy fans on YouTube". No
shaggyusm26
shaggyusm26

Back to top Go down

Post  NixonTech2071 Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:24 am

you dont fucking understand what youtube is making out of us.
NixonTech2071
NixonTech2071

Back to top Go down

Post  shaggyusm26 Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 am

NixonTech2071 wrote:you dont fucking understand what youtube is making out of us.

I guess I don't understand "what youtube is making out of us". I wasn't trying to piss anyone off seriously. I just enjoy watching his videos. Simple as that. Is a 5 second music clip worth fighting for anyway? I mean seriously if someone doesn't want you to play with their toys (or songs) that doesn't mean you can't make do with what you have. I HONESTLY don't even pay attention to the music on most Youtube videos. I do feel bad that they removed his tribute to his dog...that just sucks. If everyone QUITS posting videos though, YOUTUBE WINS...not you. QUITTING = LOSING! Have you EVER quit anything (besides substance abuse, smoking, etc. of course) and won as a result of it? NO. That being said I don't AGREE with YouTube policy.

AGAIN I DO NOT WANT TO PISS ANYONE OFF! I just thought we (the TKE fans) could show our SUPPORT by trying to find a SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. Quiting is not a solution to anything...quitting is, well quitting. I don't think any of the mainstream internet video sites are going to be much better. They see using other people's music without consent or at least giving credit as copyright infringement. I know it's stupid, you know it's stupid, everyone knows it's stupid. But they do that to keep from gettin SUED buy record labels/producers/artists and the music industry in general.

Back to solutions...save the videos in a MySpace account and then imbed them on here? TKE could set up a dummy page on MySpace that couldn't be easily found so that it wouldn't be viewed directly on MySpace. I would set up the account as a female though, they don't tend to get as much spam.

Another option, is for reviews, you could post them on ExpoTv which is a site specifically for video reviews. It's sort of a user based version of Cnet.

Come on, lets show our support by finding solutions!
Viva la Revolution! Viva la Solution!
shaggyusm26
shaggyusm26

Back to top Go down

Post  NixonTech2071 Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:17 pm

shaggyusm26 wrote:
NixonTech2071 wrote:you dont fucking understand what youtube is making out of us.

I guess I don't understand "what youtube is making out of us". I wasn't trying to piss anyone off seriously. I just enjoy watching his videos. Simple as that. Is a 5 second music clip worth fighting for anyway? I mean seriously if someone doesn't want you to play with their toys (or songs) that doesn't mean you can't make do with what you have. I HONESTLY don't even pay attention to the music on most Youtube videos. I do feel bad that they removed his tribute to his dog...that just sucks. If everyone QUITS posting videos though, YOUTUBE WINS...not you. QUITTING = LOSING! Have you EVER quit anything (besides substance abuse, smoking, etc. of course) and won as a result of it? NO. That being said I don't AGREE with YouTube policy.

AGAIN I DO NOT WANT TO PISS ANYONE OFF! I just thought we (the TKE fans) could show our SUPPORT by trying to find a SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. Quiting is not a solution to anything...quitting is, well quitting. I don't think any of the mainstream internet video sites are going to be much better. They see using other people's music without consent or at least giving credit as copyright infringement. I know it's stupid, you know it's stupid, everyone knows it's stupid. But they do that to keep from gettin SUED buy record labels/producers/artists and the music industry in general.

Back to solutions...save the videos in a MySpace account and then imbed them on here? TKE could set up a dummy page on MySpace that couldn't be easily found so that it wouldn't be viewed directly on MySpace. I would set up the account as a female though, they don't tend to get as much spam.

Another option, is for reviews, you could post them on ExpoTv which is a site specifically for video reviews. It's sort of a user based version of Cnet.

Come on, lets show our support by finding solutions!
Viva la Revolution! Viva la Solution!

Well, as far as freedom goes, we had it, and because an advanced algorythmic program is now controlling our video's, we can all screw our previously available rights in the ASS. I guess your just getting into this armageddon? Well, try to see if you can survive.
NixonTech2071
NixonTech2071

Back to top Go down

Post  shaggyusm26 Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:14 pm

I get where you're coming from...really I do. I'm just saying try to make the most of a bad thing, that's all. There is still a lot that can be done on YouTube. Mostly they just don't like for people to use copyrighted material. Honestly, that's the reason for having copyrights...so people can't use your stuff without consent. That's just the way it is. So either people have to start making their own original music, get someone to make original music for them, or get permission to use copyrighted music/video/text. There is no way around that. Youtube is just covering their own butts. YouTube is a large corporation and are more likely to get sued because of that. I'm sure they probably have, in fact, been sued over issues related to this and this is either a result or prevention of such things.
YES you have a right to be pissed off...I am pissed off about it. BUT I don't think anyone should let them WIN by QUITTING! Tired of being censored? Quit making videos and you are COMPLETED censored (in respect to videos anyway).
All I'm saying is try to find a way to make this work...or just learn to live without copyrighted music on videos.
shaggyusm26
shaggyusm26

Back to top Go down

Post  shaggyusm26 Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:05 pm

I left this out....

Let's use this topic to post possible solutions to this problem instead of saying YouTube is wrong or it's not fair or it's not right or censorship is wrong...WE ALL AGREE THAT IT AIN'T RIGHT! Let's focus on a solution(s).

Saying that someone doesn't understand is irrelevant.

Arguing about a why a problem is a problem in the first place never fixes ANYTHING. Right?
shaggyusm26
shaggyusm26

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:46 am

the thing is that it is just too late for it too happen,it's like when a bully punches you in the face you don't go back to it you get away from it.I think the for tke right now is for him to just on hcb for a while and MAYBE GO somewhere else after a while
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  shaggyusm26 Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:41 pm

tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:the thing is that it is just too late for it too happen,it's like when a bully punches you in the face you don't go back to it you get away from it.I think the for tke right now is for him to just on hcb for a while and MAYBE GO somewhere else after a while

Yeah...do what you feel like you gotta do, I guess. Hope it all works out.
shaggyusm26
shaggyusm26

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmcman1616 Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 am

You're right....Nothing got done by quitting. But how do you destroy such a wide userbase? Even if someone could code a good video player, where would we host it, how would we attract the masses to it, how would we get enough bandwidth? In this case, you can't fight city hall.

So, leech off of youtube and ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE. If we could convince enough people to come, and stay, then....Who knows, we might have a few thousand for Tolstoy and Odd to preach to (God, this sounds like a vegas cult....). The only way to do anything about it (That I can think of) is leech. Leech until enough people come.

mrmcman1616

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down