Holy Crap Batman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why do remakes suck?

+3
sillyokid
dsdfgfds
tolstoydreamcastfan
7 posters

Go down

why do remakes suck? Empty why do remakes suck?

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:46 pm

for some reason every time someone makes a remake of a movie it's not as good as the original why??? is it because it dosen't have the nolgustia(however you spell it) as it that all the directors SUCK you tell me
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

why do remakes suck? Empty Re: why do remakes suck?

Post  dsdfgfds Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:48 pm

Uhm........

Usually it's because they stray too far from the style of the original.
dsdfgfds
dsdfgfds

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:49 pm

true...
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  sillyokid Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:50 pm

because in the original, the writers had ideas and let them fly.
unlike in remakes, where the writers do not have the same minds and ideas as the original writers, thus not making it as good.
sillyokid
sillyokid

https://www.youtube.com/sillyokid23

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Oh god don't get me started on remakes.

Physco remake. Shot for shot, word for word, remake! What the f What a Face What a Face k was that all about.
The Hills Have Eyes 2. Wes Craven said "I just did a sequel for money" so why remake the piece of shite?
Night of the Living Dead 3-d bunch of pointless nude scenes added in there to make the move appeal to Skin-e-max

and now I've heard they going to remake Tales from the Crypt and Creepshow! Oh f What a Face What a Face k remakes are pointless.
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

http://holycrapbatman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdfgfds Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Oh yeah, another reason why remakes suck.

Sometimes, they're just for money, so they don't try to make them a good movie, cuz they know it'll get the cash just from being a remake.
dsdfgfds
dsdfgfds

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:24 pm

Megashadow77 wrote:Oh yeah, another reason why remakes suck.

Sometimes, they're just for money, so they don't try to make them a good movie, cuz they know it'll get the cash just from being a remake.

*cough*Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Renee Zellweger and Matthew McConaughey*cough*

Crap re-make. It did good cause it was "The Texas Chainsaw massacre".... we technically it wasn't a remake. But it was soooo far of from the First movie..... Leatherface dressed up as a woman. COME ON!
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DethPanada Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:43 pm

TheHandofOdd wrote:Oh god don't get me started on remakes.

Physco remake. Shot for shot, word for word, remake! What the f What a Face What a Face k was that all about.
The Hills Have Eyes 2. Wes Craven said "I just did a sequel for money" so why remake the piece of shite?
Night of the Living Dead 3-d bunch of pointless nude scenes added in there to make the move appeal to Skin-e-max

and now I've heard they going to remake Tales from the Crypt and Creepshow! Oh f What a Face What a Face k remakes are pointless.

god the remake of the last house on the left is gonna be horrid Sad one of the best horror remakes i have ever seen would be texas chain saw massacre, the one with gunny it.
DethPanada
DethPanada

Back to top Go down

Post  Spade Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:38 pm

tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:for some reason every time someone makes a remake of a movie it's not as good as the original why??? is it because it dosen't have the nolgustia(however you spell it) as it that all the directors SUCK you tell me
except back to the future 2
Spade
Spade

http://Myspace.com/akachichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarman Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:52 pm

Spade wrote:
tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:for some reason every time someone makes a remake of a movie it's not as good as the original why??? is it because it dosen't have the nolgustia(however you spell it) as it that all the directors SUCK you tell me

That's a sequel, not a remake. Sorry for being picky Razz

Anyway, I believe remakes are brought up because

1: They make money off the name itself .

2: They introduce a younger Generation to a classic franchise, as sadly, most kids are turned off from watching 'ancient movies'. (Example: A kid I know thinks the Original Dawn of the dead sucks, and that the remake is the best movie ever.... Crying or Very sad)

3: Pure laziness. Why waste time trying to be innovative, when you can re-write the script of an already existing premise, with already existing characters? It's like looking over a friend's essay, changing the format and words a little bit. It takes about a quarter of the effort, and saves you the time of creating your own universe with distinctive characters. People are going to watch it, and it's going to make money anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it sucks. No matter how much I resent it, it's a no-brainer for making lots of money.
Tarman
Tarman

Back to top Go down

Post  Spade Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:37 am

lol my bad.
and the new hulk is a reamake for the 3rd time
and ive herd great things about it.
Spade
Spade

http://Myspace.com/akachichi

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:42 am

Tarman wrote:
Spade wrote:

2: They introduce a younger Generation to a classic franchise, as sadly, most kids are turned off from watching 'ancient movies'. (Example: A kid I know thinks the Original Dawn of the dead sucks, and that the remake is the best movie ever.... Crying or Very sad)

3: Pure laziness. Why waste time trying to be innovative, when you can re-write the script of an already existing premise, with already existing characters? It's like looking over a friend's essay, changing the format and words a little bit. It takes about a quarter of the effort, and saves you the time of creating your own universe with distinctive characters. People are going to watch it, and it's going to make money anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it sucks. No matter how much I resent it, it's a no-brainer for making lots of money.

I liked the Dawn of The Dead Remake. NOT NEAR AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL! But it was good. The thing I liked about it was that It didn't rip off the original like most remakes do. DOTD:R had it's own story, just with the same concept as the original.
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarman Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:06 am

TheHandofOdd wrote:
Tarman wrote:
Spade wrote:

I liked the Dawn of The Dead Remake. NOT NEAR AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL! But it was good. The thing I liked about it was that It didn't rip off the original like most remakes do. DOTD:R had it's own story, just with the same concept as the original.

I quite liked it as well. Even if the running dead had been done before, the over all mood of the film was refreshing, and very creepy. I would even go far as to say it was better than Land of the Dead (which isn't too bad, it just didn't seem to even fit in with the general mood of Romero's original trilogy) I was just expressing the frustration of a friend who refuses to watch the original dawn, because it doesn't have running zeds.
Tarman
Tarman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum