Holy Crap Batman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just because it looks [i]exactly[/i] like the arcade doesnt mean it's perfect...

4 posters

Go down

Just because it looks [i]exactly[/i]  like the arcade doesnt mean it's perfect... Empty Just because it looks [i]exactly[/i] like the arcade doesnt mean it's perfect...

Post  NixonTech2071 Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:03 pm

I've been bashed because of the certain views on UMK3 for the DS I have, I also have many other complaints of other people not knowing my skills, then saying at it's not because of the port, It's because I suck, It's because the difficulty/and or quality of the GamePlay is not as balanced as another "perfect port"
Heres a couple of Example's of how it doesnt neccessarily make it perfect-

Ultimate Mortal Kombat DS- No difficulty adjustment, fluctuating difficulty.

Pac-Man, Cell Phone- This game controls,runs,looks like absolute crap.

Galaxian (atari 5200)- Because of the frail stick, the gameplay is practically non-existent.

Gorf arcade (atari 5200)- Graphics just kid on what the atari 5200 could do.

Mortal Kombat 2 (sega 2X)- Audio is complete trash.

Ms.Pacman (gameboy B&W)- Take a look at the left.
NixonTech2071
NixonTech2071

Back to top Go down

Just because it looks [i]exactly[/i]  like the arcade doesnt mean it's perfect... Empty Re: Just because it looks [i]exactly[/i] like the arcade doesnt mean it's perfect...

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:24 pm

yeah, some people can be stupid i mean hey we want a pure port don't go adding or get rid of things!, i mean it can be so simple all you have to do is get the original and put it on another console
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Just because it looks [i]exactly[/i]  like the arcade doesnt mean it's perfect... Empty Re: Just because it looks [i]exactly[/i] like the arcade doesnt mean it's perfect...

Post  NixonTech2071 Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:33 pm

tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:yeah, some people can be stupid i mean hey we want a pure port don't go adding or get rid of things!, i mean it can be so simple all you have to do is get the original and put it on another console

I believe it's emulating the arcade technology. Thus it's bound to not be perfect.
NixonTech2071
NixonTech2071

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:53 pm

yeah,but what about porting console games? expect for the vc for wii every time they port a console game they STILL manage to screw it up
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  NixonTech2071 Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:07 pm

tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:yeah,but what about porting console games? expect for the vc for wii every time they port a console game they STILL manage to screw it up
Because most games from arcades use dedicated boards
NixonTech2071
NixonTech2071

Back to top Go down

Post  sillyokid Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:13 pm

i know what you mean
look at pacman for ipods
sillyokid
sillyokid

https://www.youtube.com/sillyokid23

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:35 pm

the only perfect arcade port i know is dance dance revolution for ps2
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  NixonTech2071 Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:18 am

tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:the only perfect arcade port i know is dance dance revolution for ps2

That uses a system thats based off the ps2 hardware.
NixonTech2071
NixonTech2071

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:23 am

NixonTech2071 wrote:I've been bashed because of the certain views on UMK3 for the DS I have, I also have many other complaints of other people not knowing my skills, then saying at it's not because of the port, It's because I suck, It's because the difficulty/and or quality of the GamePlay is not as balanced as another "perfect port"
Heres a couple of Example's of how it doesnt neccessarily make it perfect-

Ultimate Mortal Kombat DS- No difficulty adjustment, fluctuating difficulty.

Pac-Man, Cell Phone- This game controls,runs,looks like absolute crap.

Galaxian (atari 5200)- Because of the frail stick, the gameplay is practically non-existent.

Gorf arcade (atari 5200)- Graphics just kid on what the atari 5200 could do.

Mortal Kombat 2 (sega 2X)- Audio is complete trash.

Ms.Pacman (gameboy B&W)- Take a look at the left.
Well as far as Pac-Man for cell phones. It really depends on your phone. Like I have it on my Motorola and My Sync. It runs fine. I just hate mobile games. But there is NO SUCH thing as a perfect port, only ones better then the others.
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

http://holycrapbatman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:01 pm

NixonTech2071 wrote:
tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:the only perfect arcade port i know is dance dance revolution for ps2

That uses a system thats based off the ps2 hardware.
key word BASED meaning it was not the exact same and if it was any other company(other than actvision or red harmonix) i would have STILL been done wrong because a lot of those company's out there are idiots
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum