Holy Crap Batman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Deal I ever got on TEH INTERNETZ!!11

2 posters

Go down

Best Deal I ever got on TEH INTERNETZ!!11 Empty Best Deal I ever got on TEH INTERNETZ!!11

Post  TheHandofOdd Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:13 pm

no Really. I got this
Sapphire ATI Radeon VCX X1550 512MB 128bit DDR2 PCI-E x16.

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-X1550-512MB-128bit/dp/B000SHKJLU

For $29 on Amazon. Hell yeah. My PC Already is a Power Machine, now this will kick it up even more.
Only Thing is I'm getting a Intel Quad Core soon. Soooo, I may just sell this pc.

And Yes, yes, My pc can out pre-form the SHIT out of a Mac Pro already.

P.S. And If you look into it there are two versions of this card. The 64bit and the 128bit. I got the 128bit which means I have 512mb on the GFX card.
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

http://holycrapbatman.com

Back to top Go down

Best Deal I ever got on TEH INTERNETZ!!11 Empty Re: Best Deal I ever got on TEH INTERNETZ!!11

Post  SoliDSnakE Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 pm

nice i got my BFG Nvidia GeForce FX GT OC DX10 128bit 512mb for 50 and i felt it was a good deal.
SoliDSnakE
SoliDSnakE

Back to top Go down

Best Deal I ever got on TEH INTERNETZ!!11 Empty Re: Best Deal I ever got on TEH INTERNETZ!!11

Post  TheHandofOdd Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:21 pm

SoliDSnakE wrote:nice i got my BFG Nvidia GeForce FX GT OC DX10 128bit 512mb for 50 and i felt it was a good deal.
That sounds good. I was just in shock some one would sell the card I got for such a low price. They must not know anything about tech.
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SoliDSnakE Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:13 pm

i know. OMG have you seen the new nvidia 280gtx. OMG that makes my mouth water, my graphics card is good enough to run most anything on highest settings at 1440x900 EXCEPT for gosh darn DiRT. My processors a lil funky so i need to get a new one, you hear about all the "hardcore" gamers and never once is a pc gamer mentioned. WE are the hardcore, we build our shit.
SoliDSnakE
SoliDSnakE

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:26 pm

SoliDSnakE wrote:i know. OMG have you seen the new nvidia 280gtx. OMG that makes my mouth water, my graphics card is good enough to run most anything on highest settings at 1440x900 EXCEPT for gosh darn DiRT. My processors a lil funky so i need to get a new one, you hear about all the "hardcore" gamers and never once is a pc gamer mentioned. WE are the hardcore, we build our shit.
So true. These "hardcore" gamers who sit around and play their 360 all day are posers. MY PC is custom built by ME (and you can tell by looking at it Laughing )

If you looking for a good processor for a good price. I'd get a AMD. I got the AMD Athlon X2 4200+, It's really good. It supports both 32bit and 64bit, and that's another thing. IF you want your PC to take full advantage of your hardware I'd get XP or Vista 64bit. I'm running XP Pro 64 edition, but I'm un-installing it tonight cause I got Vista Ultimate 64bit edition, NOW I GET TO USE DX10! Hell yeah!
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SoliDSnakE Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:53 pm

TheHandofOdd wrote:
SoliDSnakE wrote:i know. OMG have you seen the new nvidia 280gtx. OMG that makes my mouth water, my graphics card is good enough to run most anything on highest settings at 1440x900 EXCEPT for gosh darn DiRT. My processors a lil funky so i need to get a new one, you hear about all the "hardcore" gamers and never once is a pc gamer mentioned. WE are the hardcore, we build our shit.
So true. These "hardcore" gamers who sit around and play their 360 all day are posers. MY PC is custom built by ME (and you can tell by looking at it Laughing )

If you looking for a good processor for a good price. I'd get a AMD. I got the AMD Athlon X2 4200+, It's really good. It supports both 32bit and 64bit, and that's another thing. IF you want your PC to take full advantage of your hardware I'd get XP or Vista 64bit. I'm running XP Pro 64 edition, but I'm un-installing it tonight cause I got Vista Ultimate 64bit edition, NOW I GET TO USE DX10! Hell yeah!

dx10 is teh shiznets. Im running a Dell XPS410 2005 run (has incredible fan and motherboards and was the only XPS to be worth the money and always will be) but ive replaced the ram, gfx card, and os. It had a ATI Radeon X1300 which was decent at the time but blows now and only had XP Home along w/ 512mb of ram. Now ive got the Nvidia 8600 GT OC DX10 128bit, 512mb dedicated, 6gb of ram (and only 32bit vista ultimate No ) and it came w/ a 2.0ghz Intel Viiv core 2 duo but since it was first run of core 2 duo's, they put the biggest heat sync/ cooler ive ever seen on it (its 6 inches deep, and a 3x3 square, no joke) so yea, new OS and new processor is next. luckily i can get a 3.0ghz VIIV Core 2 Duo from a friend for about 100 bux and then the upgrad is another 120 or so if i remeber correctly. PS3 though, it really is a peice of hardware on the inside.

edit: ive done some searching and i found a way to push my cpu to do some of the graphics work as well and has givin me a boost of about 8 frames per second on most dx10 drivin games (Lost Planet most notably) nvidia is great like that, always has a peice of software to make what you bought last a bit longer
SoliDSnakE
SoliDSnakE

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:56 pm

SoliDSnakE wrote:
TheHandofOdd wrote:

dx10 is teh shiznets. Im running a Dell XPS410 2005 run (has incredible fan and motherboards and was the only XPS to be worth the money and always will be) but ive replaced the ram, gfx card, and os. It had a ATI Radeon X1300 which was decent at the time but blows now and only had XP Home along w/ 512mb of ram. Now ive got the Nvidia 8600 GT OC DX10 128bit, 512mb dedicated, 6gb of ram (and only 32bit vista ultimate No ) and it came w/ a 2.0ghz Intel Viiv core 2 duo but since it was first run of core 2 duo's, they put the biggest heat sync/ cooler ive ever seen on it (its 6 inches deep, and a 3x3 square, no joke) so yea, new OS and new processor is next. luckily i can get a 3.0ghz VIIV Core 2 Duo from a friend for about 100 bux and then the upgrad is another 120 or so if i remeber correctly. PS3 though, it really is a peice of hardware on the inside.

edit: ive done some searching and i found a way to push my cpu to do some of the graphics work as well and has givin me a boost of about 8 frames per second on most dx10 drivin games (Lost Planet most notably) nvidia is great like that, always has a peice of software to make what you bought last a bit longer
Well, I haven't used a Intel Chip in a long time. But if you do get it make sure your Motherboard is the right socket. I think Intel Boards are socket 755 or 775, something like that.

Yeah, I overclock my AMD CPU. It really helps. I need to buy a new Case soon. The One I have now is falling apart bom
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SoliDSnakE Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:31 pm

TheHandofOdd wrote:
SoliDSnakE wrote:
TheHandofOdd wrote:

Well, I haven't used a Intel Chip in a long time. But if you do get it make sure your Motherboard is the right socket. I think Intel Boards are socket 755 or 775, something like that.

Yeah, I overclock my AMD CPU. It really helps. I need to buy a new Case soon. The One I have now is falling apart bom

already tested it just need to pay for it Mad
SoliDSnakE
SoliDSnakE

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:11 pm

SoliDSnakE wrote:
TheHandofOdd wrote:
SoliDSnakE wrote:
TheHandofOdd wrote:

already tested it just need to pay for it Mad
Ah. Well I've just had minor problems with Intel processors. I'm going to buy a Intel Quad Core soon.
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down