Holy Crap Batman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the most overrated and underrated game of all time, and what do you think of mine?

+11
dsdfgfds
DethPanada
Tarman
SoliDSnakE
jackmackg
MLSUSA
TheHandofOdd
Steoandnoodles
TMS429
mrmcman1616
tolstoydreamcastfan
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the most overrated and underrated game of all time, and what do you think of mine? Empty the most overrated and underrated game of all time, and what do you think of mine?

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:23 pm

so which ones are they? wall here are mine
underrated: sonic shuffle- a great dreamcast game that no one remembers
overrated:guitar hero/rock band-an okay game but really it is nothing special,miracle piano did it first
so please leave a commit on your opinion an under and overrated games and what you think of mine(no guitar hero fan boy rants please)
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

the most overrated and underrated game of all time, and what do you think of mine? Empty Re: the most overrated and underrated game of all time, and what do you think of mine?

Post  mrmcman1616 Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Underrated: Animal crossing. Nobody I know likes it, but its so....addicting.
Overrated: Zelda. Great games. Excellent games. But still, the hype surrounding the release of a new Zelda title is....a little large. Also, I can't beat any of them without spending a zillion hours at it, lest I use a walkthrough.

mrmcman1616

Back to top Go down

the most overrated and underrated game of all time, and what do you think of mine? Empty Re: the most overrated and underrated game of all time, and what do you think of mine?

Post  TMS429 Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Overrated: Halo 3, it wasnt as good as the first 2 and the story wasnt that great.

TMS429
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steoandnoodles Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:42 am

underrated: Animal crossing franchise
overrated:Grand theft auto 4
Steoandnoodles
Steoandnoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Under-Rated: Gex. They never re-leased another one after 3 pale and Nascar Racing 2003 VERY Popular with racing fans, then EA decided to be a whore and buy the Nascar License. No
Over-Rated: Halo 2 & 3. Great games just Halo CE for the PC kicked all of their asses and Gears Of War nothing new in that game, It was just VERY VERY Good at what it did.
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

http://holycrapbatman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TMS429 Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:10 pm

TheHandofOdd wrote:Under-Rated: Gex. They never re-leased another one after 3 pale and Nascar Racing 2003 VERY Popular with racing fans, then EA decided to be a whore and buy the Nascar License. No
Over-Rated: Halo 2 & 3. Great games just Halo CE for the PC kicked all of their asses and Gears Of War nothing new in that game, It was just VERY VERY Good at what it did.
I will get EA back for doing what they did to Papy, RIP Papyrus. No Yeah Halo CE is some much fun.

TMS429
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MLSUSA Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:12 pm

underrated: Blitz: The League
overrated: Halo 1-3
MLSUSA
MLSUSA

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmackg Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:16 pm

I dont think halo 1 was over hyped. Also i do like all the halo games so im ok with them.

I really dont think any game has overhypted but i do thing so have been underrated.

cant really think of any.
jackmackg
jackmackg

https://www.youtube.com/user/artfungames

Back to top Go down

Post  SoliDSnakE Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Underratted: Spyro the Dragon -PS1

Overated: Halo, all it does is gives you a cheasy storyline and a FPS that works well but doesnt do anything new
SoliDSnakE
SoliDSnakE

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:41 pm

TMS429 wrote:
TheHandofOdd wrote:Under-Rated: Gex. They never re-leased another one after 3 pale and Nascar Racing 2003 VERY Popular with racing fans, then EA decided to be a whore and buy the Nascar License. No
I will get EA back for doing what they did to Papy, RIP Papyrus. No Yeah Halo CE is some much fun.
How was Nascar 09?
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TMS429 Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:00 pm

good, got its problems just like every other EA game.

TMS429
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:06 pm

TMS429 wrote:good, got its problems just like every other EA game.
Oh Come on! You know you loved the Fly-Through-Another-Car-Feature of 07!

And who can forget the Clip-Through-Another-Player in.... Madden 01 and above.
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarman Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:13 pm

Underrated: Return Fire. This is a game that makes me want to go out and find a 3DO.

Overrated: Zelda Twilight Princess. Ok, this game was good, but it was the weakest 3D Zelda game, in my opinion. All the fanboys and fangirls FREAKED out at the gamespot score, and I was the only one who thought it was appropriate. After all the hype, and development time, we all expected something long and epic. What we got, was TOO EASY, and making it too easy, makes it too SHORT! When I beat the game, I didn't feel like I accomplished anything at all. The sword fight with Gannondorf was quite lame, and all you really had to do was swing spam him. UGH. Now, before you start saying "Well just because it's easy, doesn't mean it's not as good", I have to say that this was was insultingly easy (Hell, this game is easier than Wind Waker). Every Zelda game I've played has challenged me, and kept me busy solving puzzles, and has had entertaining boss battles. Every puzzle in TP is obvious, and the boss battles are completely lame (The underwater boss was a joke!). Call me disappointed...
Tarman
Tarman

Back to top Go down

Post  Steoandnoodles Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:17 am

Tarman wrote:Underrated: Return Fire. This is a game that makes me want to go out and find a 3DO.

Overrated: Zelda Twilight Princess. Ok, this game was good, but it was the weakest 3D Zelda game, in my opinion. All the fanboys and fangirls FREAKED out at the gamespot score, and I was the only one who thought it was appropriate. After all the hype, and development time, we all expected something long and epic. What we got, was TOO EASY, and making it too easy, makes it too SHORT! When I beat the game, I didn't feel like I accomplished anything at all. The sword fight with Gannondorf was quite lame, and all you really had to do was swing spam him. UGH. Now, before you start saying "Well just because it's easy, doesn't mean it's not as good", I have to say that this was was insultingly easy (Hell, this game is easier than Wind Waker). Every Zelda game I've played has challenged me, and kept me busy solving puzzles, and has had entertaining boss battles. Every puzzle in TP is obvious, and the boss battles are completely lame (The underwater boss was a joke!). Call me disappointed...

Agreed, twilight princess was a huge let down, expecially after playing through Wind waker.
Steoandnoodles
Steoandnoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:16 pm

Tarman wrote:Underrated: Return Fire. This is a game that makes me want to go out and find a 3DO.

you know return fire got ported to the playstation right?
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  DethPanada Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:10 pm

really how the heck is guitar hero over rated? rock band sure, cause that game is crap. but......yeah!?
DethPanada
DethPanada

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdfgfds Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:55 pm

DethPanada wrote:really how the heck is guitar hero over rated? rock band sure, cause that game is crap. but......yeah!?

Because It's an Opinion.

Some people just don't like rhythm games at all, and some people never shut up about Guitar Hero.
dsdfgfds
dsdfgfds

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarman Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:09 pm

tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:

you know return fire got ported to the playstation right?

Yeah, but the 3DO version was better, in my opinion.
Tarman
Tarman

Back to top Go down

Post  DethPanada Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:02 pm

Megashadow77 wrote:
DethPanada wrote:really how the heck is guitar hero over rated? rock band sure, cause that game is crap. but......yeah!?

Because It's an Opinion.

Some people just don't like rhythm games at all, and some people never shut up about Guitar Hero.

of course its an opinion its coming out o there damn mouth...anyways i play it, i just don't over play it for like 15 hours a day, and talk about it all the time, i play a few times a week, and go just fine on expert, but i play the real deal more then the plastic lol.
DethPanada
DethPanada

Back to top Go down

Post  NixonTech2071 Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:40 am

FF is Anime, which is overrated. PO'ed is a decent FPS.
NixonTech2071
NixonTech2071

Back to top Go down

Post  sillyokid Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:42 am

SoliDSnakE wrote:Underratted: Spyro the Dragon -PS1
i LOVE spyro
totally agree with you
sillyokid
sillyokid

https://www.youtube.com/sillyokid23

Back to top Go down

Post  Hindsy19 Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:13 am

Underrated: Legend of Kay
Looks kiddie but you can kill gorillas and rats. With swords. Top stuff
Overrated: Halo 2&3
Played them at my friends house and after playing the original, I must say, I wasn't raving, Mary.
Hindsy19
Hindsy19

Back to top Go down

Post  Homestar2084 Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:34 pm

You know what's overrated? METAL GEAR SOLID. It's good, but it's just everyone loves it.
You know what's underrated? First person shooters made in the early 90's, today. My friend said he didn't like Duke Nukem 3D because the graphics sucked. He got a good yelling at.

DethPanada wrote:rock band sure, cause that game is crap. but......yeah!?
MADNESS
Homestar2084
Homestar2084

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmcman1616 Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Ummm....No? I still love GoldenEye, made in '97. It just got named #1 FPS of all time by ScrewAttack, and Duke Nukem got 7, I think. So it's not underrated. If only I could get my RF adapter fixed, I'd have another fling....Or if it got put on XBOX Live...But that's dreaming.

mrmcman1616

Back to top Go down

Post  Homestar2084 Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:40 pm

mrmcman1616 wrote:Ummm....No? I still love GoldenEye, made in '97. It just got named #1 FPS of all time by ScrewAttack, and Duke Nukem got 7, I think. So it's not underrated. If only I could get my RF adapter fixed, I'd have another fling....Or if it got put on XBOX Live...But that's dreaming.
I meant the old games, but today. Right now. The current generation that was not raised on these games think they suck because "da gfx sux"

Phooey to them.
Homestar2084
Homestar2084

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next