Holy Crap Batman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Opinions On The Three "Next Gen" Consoles

+9
mrmcman1616
SoliDSnakE
Tarman
TheHandofOdd
Steoandnoodles
tolstoydreamcastfan
Spade
sillyokid
dsdfgfds
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your Opinions On The Three "Next Gen" Consoles Empty Your Opinions On The Three "Next Gen" Consoles

Post  dsdfgfds Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:17 pm

Nintendo Wii - Neat idea, too many party games. I think they could do better with the concept.

Xbox 360 - The Standard Console. Awesome Graphics, awesome games.

PS3 - A Big, Lunky, overpriced, turbo powered Xbox 360.
dsdfgfds
dsdfgfds

Back to top Go down

Your Opinions On The Three "Next Gen" Consoles Empty Re: Your Opinions On The Three "Next Gen" Consoles

Post  sillyokid Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:24 pm

to quote ben yhatzee
Wii - for gamer not old enough to cross the street by themselves
PS3 - for the tch-hungry nerd
Xbox 360 - the frat boy party system
sillyokid
sillyokid

https://www.youtube.com/sillyokid23

Back to top Go down

Your Opinions On The Three "Next Gen" Consoles Empty Re: Your Opinions On The Three "Next Gen" Consoles

Post  Spade Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:56 pm

wii- only alive cause of super smash. :p
x360- best online.
ps3- best single player/graphics
Spade
Spade

http://Myspace.com/akachichi

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:16 pm

wii- a good system that many hardcore gamers underestimate
xbox 360- an average system thats for everybody
ps3- doesn't have a killer app. yet so thats why it's selling bad
hyperscan- the biggest underdog and will most likely soon stop making consoles
pc- it ain't going nowhere for a loooooooooooooooooooooooog time
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Steoandnoodles Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:27 pm

Xbox 360:
good:Great online, not very reliable. A system that stays true to it's roots. It says "we will give you your games, and you will enjoy them".

bad:the system rarely branches from it's roots, buying the system means of no means, in change. You will get sports games, you will get fps games...over and over. The system is also feeds on your money, but you somewhat get what you pay for.

Nintendo wii:
good:a reliable system with transatlantic potential. The system is yet to bloom away from the casual esc. monnasary however, This is a problem I feel will change with the gross income nintendo is making from the casual market. Give it a year or so, it will get bigger, and bigger. Not to mention with games like The Conduit and Madworld, 3rd party is improving.

bad:As everyone knows it isn't a powehouse, not to mention the so far lack of 3rd party support (in an honesty perspective, though as I stated 3rd party is improving...slowly) The online is also at a VERY low behind the competition. The whole casual aproach, while sells, doesn't offer gamers a chance to play and as it stands your best off owning a wii aswell as a 360 or ps3, only yet as it stands.

Playstation 3:
good: It's a graphical superhero with a great online, as it's nice and free. As i said about the Wii it has alot of potentional but it's yet to strain away from the "it's as good as on xbox" shove it's getting from devs. As the technicaly dominant system and bluray exclusive system it has alot of proud features to stand by.

Bad:technicaly dominant also means VERY pricey, and it's yet to prove the price tag. The ps3 has a wide history of "overhype and fail" with games like Haze and Lair. Most of the great game on Ps3 are multi-platform to the 360, which doesn't help when the sales are higher for 360. With potentional that the ps3 has it's a shame most devs see the opertunity of putting there games on the 360 dueto the sales.
Steoandnoodles
Steoandnoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandofOdd Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:19 pm

Wii: A Console that HAS.... Had potential. Now is the PS2 of next gen.
PS3: Over hyped, over priced, and over rated. However. It fully supports 1080i however, most of the games it has do not. I consider it the Atari Jaguar of next gen.
Xbox 360: Red-Ring of death is making the 360 look bad. When most the times it's the people fault. Microsoft says not to put the console were it is covered up. I never have and I've never gotten the Red Ring of death, even with my modded 360! However Live is Awesome but it is plagued with assholes. I consider the 360 the.... well the Xbox of next gen Laughing
TheHandofOdd
TheHandofOdd
Admin

http://holycrapbatman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:25 pm

you forgot hyperscan and pc what do you think of those?
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdfgfds Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:35 pm

that's.....not a next gen console.
dsdfgfds
dsdfgfds

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:40 pm

actually hyperscan is it came out two weeks before the wii and ps3 and they make games and consoles today so yes it is next gen. console
tolstoydreamcastfan
tolstoydreamcastfan

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdfgfds Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 pm

dude, it doesn't count. it's just a Plug and Play Deal.

All it has is like, Ben 10 and X-Men.
dsdfgfds
dsdfgfds

Back to top Go down

Post  Spade Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:30 am

tolstoydreamcastfan wrote:wii- a good system that many hardcore gamers underestimate
xbox 360- an average system thats for everybody
ps3- doesn't have a killer app. yet so thats why it's selling bad
hyperscan- the biggest underdog and will most likely soon stop making consoles
pc- it ain't going nowhere for a loooooooooooooooooooooooog time
lol calm down wit pc games.
i think pc games are going to rule the future
especially cuz like starcraft counter strike and much more.
Spade
Spade

http://Myspace.com/akachichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarman Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:30 am

Wii: Only has a hand full of worthwhile games so far, but sufferers from gold digging 3rd party support (The mini game flood), and an abundance of shovel ware. I'm still holding on to mine, in the hopes that 3rd party developers realize that not every one that own a wii is a soccer mom. (although, Nintendo seems to think that us people who want hardcore games on the wii, are just a bunch of 'Geeks and otakus'. Seriously, look up the article!) As for downloadable content, I hate to be a 'geeky otaku', but the Wii REALLY NEEDS A HARD DRIVE.

PS3: Doing a bit better than last year, but still short on anything new at all. Graphics wise, it looks about the same as the 360, with only minor differences. There is really nothing other than MGS4 or Disgaea 3 that would make me want one, so meh. For downloadable content, it's decent, but obviously not as varied as XBLA.

360: Great online, and great 3rd party support. Although the system's best sellers are usually FPS's, and Over the shoulder shooters, it still has many different genres to offer. XBLA is also a reason to own the system, as it offers a crap load of quality games for very low prices. I would say that if you NEED a console that supports HD, I would just go with a 360.
Tarman
Tarman

Back to top Go down

Post  SoliDSnakE Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:12 pm

PS3: My favorite of the bunch, may not have alot of good titles, but what titles are good on it are really, really good. When all is considered, it costs only 50 bucks more than the 360 premium, and has built in wireless and bluray capabilitys; making it a good multimedia center, as well as a great game console. With games like MGS4, Killzone 2, and other future blockbusters, its only going to get better. Though many early 3rd party titles look worse than the 360 equivelents, most now are on par or even better than the Xbox 360 counterparts ala Call of Duty 4 and its sharper textures and slightly more stable framerate on Playstation 3. Even though often looked at as a George Foreman grill, the design of this machine, while bulky, is attractive and makes for much lower temperatures, due to the fact that half of the system is air. Did I mention free online?

Overall: A-

360: The Xbox 360, being the first "Next-Gen" console, has built up a great fanbase and a huge library of games, which almost overcome the drawbacks. It has a clean, almost layed back design, and thats how the hardware seems to have been built too; causing the 360 to have one of the worst faliure rates ive ever seen! This thing sounds like a jet too, almost like a heavy smoker sprinting for 5 miles. You have to pay 50 bucks a year to play online, which considering you already pay for internet, is complete BS. But even with these drawbacks, the game lineup is superb with awesome titles such as Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Halo 3.

Overall: B-

Wii: Now even your motion controllers cant save you from this rant Wii. You try to inovate, and capture us w/ your motions. But fact is, 60% of people who own you dont play you, and 99.9% of your titles are for younger audiences. Sorry Wii, I cant even write a decent article on how much I LOATHE you. But... Not alls bad, I mean, you have a couple good Mario titles and SSX Blur as well as Excite Truck... which came out months ago when 3rd parties felt they had to make quality titles to sell on your console!

Overall: C

Now, you may disagree w/ me which im fine w/. But what im not fine w/ is console bashing that doesnt make SENSE!!! Like uuuhhhh PS3 costs to much etc. Anyhoo I feel that this generation of consoles is pretty mediocre. Owning the PS3, 360, and even a Wii at one point just made me think... you know what!? Screw this lets go play our PSP's and DS's.
SoliDSnakE
SoliDSnakE

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmcman1616 Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Wii: Has a gay name, last-gen graphics, and is full of gimmicky garbage. For every decent game, there are about 1000 pieces of crap.

360: Fine, should have FREE online. XBL is just Bill Gates' way of emptying your pockets into his already immense bank account. Breaks down too easily, though the library is superior.

PS3: Excellent graphics, decent (at best) online, overpriced console and games. Not enough exclusives, but the ports are mostly pretty. SIXAXIS tacked on at the last minute. But, if you have the cash...

mrmcman1616

Back to top Go down

Post  Steoandnoodles Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:35 pm

mrmcman1616 wrote:Wii: Has a gay name, last-gen graphics, and is full of gimmicky garbage. For every decent game, there are about 1000 pieces of crap.

360: Fine, should have FREE online. XBL is just Bill Gates' way of emptying your pockets into his already immense bank account. Breaks down too easily, though the library is superior.

PS3: Excellent graphics, decent (at best) online, overpriced console and games. Not enough exclusives, but the ports are mostly pretty. SIXAXIS tacked on at the last minute. But, if you have the cash...

So you basically think they all suck? You have no other opinion then that?
Steoandnoodles
Steoandnoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmackg Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:57 pm

only played the 360 and wii so i cant say NOTHING about the PS3.

The wii cool and all its just when you beat a game its done. Now its good with multilayer as in split screen. I really dont like SSBB witch is the best game for it so i really dont see a need for it now. Will probably get one when it gets old and cheap. In the end i really done feel like im missing anything with a wii.

360 i really like it and it worked well for me. It has the games that appeal to me right now. the bad thing is that it cost a lot to get games and xbl.
jackmackg
jackmackg

https://www.youtube.com/user/artfungames

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmcman1616 Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:27 am

Steoandnoodles wrote:
mrmcman1616 wrote:Wii: Has a gay name, last-gen graphics, and is full of gimmicky garbage. For every decent game, there are about 1000 pieces of crap.

So you basically think they all suck? You have no other opinion then that?

No...I like the PS3. Just wish I could afford one. But, this whole HD gaming thing seems weird. It's like a marketing push to get people into HD TV's.

mrmcman1616

Back to top Go down

Post  Steoandnoodles Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:07 am

So you only like the Ps3 despite not having one...
I guess your not a gamer then, right? Neutral Neutral
Steoandnoodles
Steoandnoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmcman1616 Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:35 am

Steoandnoodles wrote:So you only like the Ps3 despite not having one...
I guess your not a gamer then, right? Neutral Neutral

When did I say I'm not a gamer? I have played on each console, I just don't bother owning one. Only this particular generation seems weak to me, and I can't see the point of upgrading my PS2 when Sony still supports it.

mrmcman1616

Back to top Go down

Post  Steoandnoodles Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:03 am

A gamer would still get one no?
You are now limited to being behind no matter how much games the ps2 has.
Steoandnoodles
Steoandnoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmcman1616 Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:40 am

Which aint that bad Razz
Plus there's always the mooching off friends. That lets me experience everything, and still be able to eat next week Very Happy

mrmcman1616

Back to top Go down

Post  SoliDSnakE Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:58 am

mrmcman1616 wrote:Which aint that bad Razz
Plus there's always the mooching off friends. That lets me experience everything, and still be able to eat next week Very Happy

PS3 = 2 months of eating ramen cheers (its worth it =P)
SoliDSnakE
SoliDSnakE

Back to top Go down

Post  DethPanada Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:10 pm

jackmackg wrote:only played the 360 and wii so i cant say NOTHING about the PS3.

The wii cool and all its just when you beat a game its done. Now its good with multilayer as in split screen. I really dont like SSBB witch is the best game for it so i really dont see a need for it now. Will probably get one when it gets old and cheap. In the end i really done feel like im missing anything with a wii.

360 i really like it and it worked well for me. It has the games that appeal to me right now. the bad thing is that it cost a lot to get games and xbl.

Brawl is really like the only thing that is keeping he wii alive. and to tell you the truth, it gets very very veryyyyyyyyy boring after a while, the wii right now is the worst next gen system that is out right now, no good game for it. my friend is like "get a wii or 360"? is it that hard to decide, the 360, sure you WILL get the rrod, but yeah thats the price you gotta to pay, big whoop, a little bit of inconvinece, go out side and play, or work out for he few days you will be without it.
DethPanada
DethPanada

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmackg Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:16 pm

yeah. i have not rrod yet. i try and keep it really well ventilated. also my friends xbox rrod after his warranty ran out.
jackmackg
jackmackg

https://www.youtube.com/user/artfungames

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmcman1616 Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:39 pm

Ok, just a thought here...Why are we still calling the PS3, 360, and Wii next-gen consoles? Shouldn't we be calling them current-gen? Lord knows, the PS3's been out for 2 years, and the 360's been out for about 4 now.

mrmcman1616

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next